Want to learn more about Denver Rescue Mission?
Want to learn more about Fort Collins Rescue Mission?
Directions to our Facilities
- Who do I contact if I have questions?
- How do I use this volunteer site?
- What type of volunteering is best for me?
- What opportunities are there for groups?
- How far in advance can I sign up for meal service?
- Are there age restrictions for meal service volunteer opportunities?
- Can I complete court-ordered community service?
- What browsers does this website support?
Who do I contact if I have questions?
If you have questions or would like to report feedback about the volunteer website, please send an email to VolSupport@denrescue.org.
If you have a question about an opportunity or scheduling, please contact Volunteer Services at 303.953.3955 or the contact person associated with the volunteer position.
How do I use this volunteer site?
Opportunities: Our registration system is opportunity-driven. First, use our Home Page search icons to find an opportunity you are interested in signing up for or learning more about. Click on the opportunity for details to learn more. After you’ve selected to sign up, the site will take you to a page to register.
Registering: Once you have selected to sign up for an opportunity, you will be taken to a registration page. Once you have filled out this form, you will see a Thank You page which tells you if you have been scheduled or referred. If you are scheduled, you are automatically signed up, and will receive a confirmation email with details about the shift. If you are referred, and meet the qualifications for the position, you will be contacted by one of our staff with next steps.
What type of volunteering is best for me?
We have 3 main categories of serving:
- Short-Term: Serving meals, court-ordered community service, Ministry Outreach Center
- Change Maker: Serving on a regular basis; mentoring, tutoring
- Internships Fall, spring, and summer start dates available
What opportunities are there for groups?
Groups of 2-15 people are needed in meal services and at the Minstry Outreach Center. To find these opportunities, go back to the Volunteer Home Page and click on the buttons for "Serve a Meal" or "Ministry Outreach Center."
How far in advance can I sign up for meal service?
You may sign up for meal service 90 days in advance.
The Meal Service Calendar displays all the shifts where we still need volunteers for the next 90 days.
Are there age restrictions for meal service volunteer opportunities?
Age requirements for meal service volunteers varies depending on the facility where you are volunteering.
- At The Crossing, the minimum age for meal service volunteers is 10 years old.
- At the Lawrence Street Community Center, the minimum age for meal service volunteers is 14 years old
- At Fort Collins Rescue Mission, the minimum age for meal service volunteers is 16 years old.
Please do not bring family members or guests with you who are under the minimum age requirements for the facility where you will be serving.
Can I complete court-ordered community service?
Court-ordered community service is available at our Minstry Outreach Center and Fort Collins Rescue Mission. These opportunities are different than our regular meal shifts and do not include school service hours. Please search specifically for "court-ordered community service" on our Opportunity Search page.
What browsers does this website support?
Denver Rescue Mission's Serve Volunteer System supports several commonly used web browsers, such as Internet Explorer 8 and above, Firefox, Safari 6 and above, and Google Chrome.
If you are experiencing problems viewing the website for the Serve Volunteer System, please verify that you are using the most up-to-date supported web browser. If you are using the most up-to-date web browser and continue to experience issues, please send a support request to VolSupport@denrescue.org for additional help.